Friday, November 4, 2011

Gotcha Perry!

"Blessed be the G0d and Father of our L0rd Je$us Chr!st, who has blessed us in Chr!st with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him.  In love He predestined us for adoption as sons through Je$us Chr!st, according to the purpose of His will, to the praise of His glorious grace, with which He has blessed us in the Beloved.  In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, which He lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of His will, according to His purpose, which He set forth in Chr!st  as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth."
Ephesians 1:3-10 


(Written on Thursday, Posted on Friday due to computer problems) 


Last night, I couldn't sleep.  I lay in bed with my mind racing a thousand miles per hour with the anticipation of what was to come in the morning.  Perry's family had arrived and would be meeting their son for the first time!


"For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" 
Romans 8:15 


Excitement filled the room this morning, as they anxiously waited.  Sara went to get Perry from his house, Tim had his iphone poised to video capture the moment, and Jamie and I were on picture duty.  Months of paperwork, waiting, and pr@ying, had all culminated to this one moment.

First glimpse in person, out the window!

Will, meet your MaMa and BaBa!

It was evident that what I was witnessing, was a miracle.  An earthly picture of a spiritual truth.  Just as He predestined us to be adopted into His family, He knew from the beginning of time that Perry would one day be will Will A.

My eyes were filled with tears of joy as I watched this scene unfold before me.  I tried desperately to hold it together and snap pictures furiously.  It wasn't until I was sitting alone and reading in Ephesians that it hit me.  Overwhelmed with emotion, I began to weep.  Tears of gratefulness, fell hard and fast, at the reality of His love for me, displayed through the beauty of adoption.  

This day will forever be etched in my memory.


First Family Picture!
Congratulations Will and welcome to your forever family! 

You can continue to follow their family's journey HERE!

Praise G0d from whom ALL blessings flow! 

Forever changed, 
Mollie 

2 comments:

  1. I am SO glad you got to witness his special day! Wish so bad I could've too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tearing up as Im reading this and seeing the photos! So amazing! -Abby

    ReplyDelete