Thursday, July 28, 2011

What Now?

The Great Wall

The question stands, what now?

Through my time at Shepherd's Field in June, the Lord made it very clear that I should come back.  Although I had originally planned to be in India this fall, that door began to shut about a month prior to leaving for China.  I would still love to visit Sarah's Covenant Homes one day and India still holds a very special place in my heart. 

After talking with the staff and my parents, reapplying for a new extended visa, and much prayer, I will be headed back to Shepherd's Field on August 25.  This time around I will be serving as an intern and my stay will span 3 months.  I am SO thrilled, humbled, and blessed to have the opportunity to return and will covet your prayers in the coming months. 

Some general information:

How long will I be gone?
August 25- November 12 (80 days to be exact)

Where will I be living? 
At the Inn of 8 Happinesses- located on property for interns and volunteers.  Shepherd's Field is located in an industrial development zone in Tianjin, about an hour south of Beijing. 


What will I be doing?
The exact details will be worked out once I get there. I will be helping teach the founder's sons (all are adopted from China with special needs), loving on the kids, and any other projects or assignments they need done.

Will I have communication? 
Yes! There is internet where I will be staying! So I plan to keep this blog updated and will have access to skype, email, and possibly facebook. 

How can you be a part of my journey? 
Most importantly, through prayer! Pray for the staff, children, and families that will one day bring them home.  While the cost of my journey is covered, stay tuned for a way you can help this incredible organization.

It's hard to believe that in less than a month, I'll be back holding these dear little ones who have captured my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Mollie...I am so excited to hear that!!! God is and will continue to do big things through you, and I cannot wait to hear all about it. I love you big!! I will see you soo soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mollie, I am SO happy for you! It is so encouraging to hear that you have turned your plans over to the Lord, and following His lead. What a grand adventure you are on.

    ReplyDelete