Thursday, September 1, 2011

Though We are Many, We are One Body

Now that we are finally awake during the day and sleeping through the night, it's time for a quick update!

On Sunday we went with the Bakers to BICF.  I had the privilege of going twice when I was here this summer and was so excited to go back.  The message was on Matthew 17 talking about unity.  Due to regulations, only foreigners are allowed to attend but over 70 nations are represented in the congregation.  It is the absolute neatest place to see so much diversity and culture all worshiping together!

The Bakers have a tradition of eating Western food on Sundays, so we went to a delicious Italian restaurant in Beijing.  After lunch they showed us where we could find some slices of home (like Jenny Wang's- the Western grocery store, and Starbucks!.

Monday and Tuesday we set up the boys classrooms and mapped out the curriculum for the year.  The afternoons of course were spent in the houses loving on the little ones!

Monday night was one of the summer intern's last night so we went out for BBQ.  I was very tentative about consuming street food but my stomach approved and it tasted amazing!


Marissa & Me at the BBQ place
Wednesday, ready or not, we dove in to school with boys.  The twins acted "too cool for school" at first but we had them laughing to the point of tears during a game in which the object is to not smile.

One of the neatest things being back here, has been to see how much some of the kids changed in just two months! Take a look at Vincent:

June 2011

August 2011
This summer, he was too weak to hold his head up and his cry was barely audible.  Today, he has big plump cheeks, nice strong lungs, and is rolling over independently! PTL!

Just last week, a new baby girl arrived.  Her name is Anabel Lee and she is absolutely beautiful!
Anabel Lee

Precious Moment: This morning we asked one of the boys to start our day by lifting things up to Him.  Philip prayed "Dear G0d, Thank you for sending 3 awesome and kind teachers.  Thank you for my brothers.  Thank you for Shepherd's Field.  Please help us have a good day. A*men" AFLAC (a faith like a child)
Hard at work

Tonight we had fellowship at the Baker's house with the other staff.  Pam had been saving up cheese (hard to find here) and made some amazing enchiladas! It was such a powerful time spent in lifting up requests to our Father. The trials they face everyday from financial burdens to the govt. to very sick children, yet for 16 years they have watched Him provide day by day! Please continue to lift up SFCV and ask that He would grant wisdom and discernment to the staff as they make weighty decisions. 

I'll leave you with this picture of Ethan:

Ethan
In His grip,
Mollie


4 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog. You are so passionate and such a shining light. It is amazing how quickly sweet little babies change. It blows me away everyday here. I know you give out lots of hugs, but give out one extra for me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Rebecca and I am a high school student in Georgia. I have gone to Shepherd's Field over the past 2 summers and fell in love with sweet Vincent. I am now one of his sponsors and can not wait to go back and see him. I stumbled across this blog by chance just looking on google for Shepherd's Field pictures, and seeing the pictures of Vincent means the world to me. Thank you for helping take care of my sweet baby boy and I will now be praying for your mission and all of the sweet kids at shepherd's field. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mollz,
    I am so proud of you! I know you are a huge blessing to those kids and an answer to their prayers, but on the same note, I know they will bless you in ways that you cannot even imagine yet. I am envious of your boldness to go so far away by yourself to help those sweet angels, but so proud of you and praying for you!!
    Love,
    Cope

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this absolutely made my day. I am praying for you sweet Mollie. I know that God is using you in huge ways to impact His Kingdom. Continue to seek His face and strength daily.
    I cannot wait to see you in November (far away yes, but not too far) and hear all about it. BUT in the mean time, I will settle for text messages late at night and early in the day...I just love being able to communicate with you.
    You are such a sweet and beautiful woman. I am SO SO proud of you.

    PS. Does Chrissy know Anne Henninghausen? She just finished stuff with YWAM and is a good family friend of ours.

    ReplyDelete